The unique and collectible 'LOUIS XIII The Miniature' decanter is a perfect way to experience LOUIS XIII cognac. It containing the lifetime achievement of generations of cognac Cellar Masters.
The Cognac – LOUIS XIII cognac contains a unique blend of the finest and most precious distilled spirit made from grapes grown in Grande Champagne. This fiery, colourless liquid is poured into century-old Limousin oak casks to mature over the years.
Since 1874, our Cellar Masters have set aside the finest Grande Champagne eau-de-vie for their successor to use in the future. At the same time, our Cellar Master will use artistic intuition and craftsmanship to hand-pick different combinations of spirit set to age by their predecessors to blend in such a way that it retains the taste and aromas of LOUIS XIII cognac throughout time.
The Miniature Decanter – Our LOUIS XIII Miniature decanter has received the same attention to detail as all of the decanters in the Iconic Collection. Each one is made by Europe’s finest crystal artisans and fits in the palm of your hand. The design, with its distinctive shape and fleur-de-lys motif, is modelled on a 16th-century flask uncovered from the battlefield of Jarnac in France. Our founder Paul-Émile Rémy Martin took the flask as the basis for our now world-famous decanter.
The Gift Box – The delicate, small decanter of LOUIS XIII the Miniature is presented in a special red presentation box like a precious jewel. Just as an antique jewellery box carries as much importance as the treasure within. The box unveils the LOUIS XIII Miniature decanter, with its fleur-de-lys stopper and iconic 20-carat gold neck, in all its beauty.
Serving – Take the time to enjoy your LOUIS XIII Miniature cognac neat. When serving, pour a small amont of cognac into your glass and wait. Breathe in the aromas from a distance, then draw the glass closer, bit by bit, to fully experience the cognac's complex perfumes.
Enjoy LOUIS XIII by tasting one sip at a time, drop by drop. Let the cognac develop on your palate in a burst of floral, fruit and spice flavours. As you taste, take time to aprpreciate the evolution of these flavours, which linger on the palate for up to one hour.
You can taste the art of time from the very first drop, it's unmistakable woody notes evocative of aged oak casks, and years of artistry leading to an explosion of floral, fruity and spicy notes, including dried roses, honey, myrrh, cigar box, plum, honeysuckle, leather, figs and passion fruit.
Savour the unforgettable flavours that will linger for a long time on your palate, sparking deep rooted memories and marking a unique moment in time.
Food Pairings – LOUIS XIII the Miniature cognac can be enjoyed alongside complementary fine foods. Given the cognac's nuanced flavours, it is important to choose food that works with the flavours rather than against them. We recommend a neat serving of LOUIS XIII paired with a selection of fine caviar or shavings of premium jamon iberico (aged Spanish Ham).
- Beluga Caviar
- This opening experience is undeniably the most respectful match for LOUIS XIII.
- Paired with the finest of caviars, the LOUIS XIII expresses its full personality, pure and unaltered. Sampled on a mother-of-pearl spoon, the caviar’s subtle ocean notes allow every facet of LOUIS XIII to shine through, revealing the key accord at the heart of its complex aromatic expression.
- This union with one of the world’s most luxurious foods prolongs the timeless pleasure of a pure LOUIS XIII tasting, its multiple sensations swelling in waves on the palate. A quintessential pairing in which LOUIS XIII and the caviar each keep their intrinsic personalities while enhancing each other’s beauty. A match made in heaven.
- Wafer-thin Bellota shavings
- Textures to seduce your palate.
- The gently salted, melt-in-the-mouth texture of the Bellota echoes the suave texture of LOUIS XIII, regaling the mouth with a fine, lingering finish with ample breadth. A lasting sensation that magnifies the silky smoothness of LOUIS XIII, heightening its plump density on the tongue. A pairing that triggers a textural vibration to exquisitely tickle the palate.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|